Friday, May 8, 2009

Why a mountain?

McKAY

In my opinion, the theme of a mountain is perfect because a mountain can represent so many things!

Personally, I like it because the mountains are what I call "perfect places". You can use the mountains for any purpose. Lots of people go camping and fishing because they enjoy it. Some people go to the mountains to get away from their daily life. I go to the mountains to snowboard. But also, because of a feeling I get while I'm there. It is honestly the best feeling in the world for me. There is an excitement and sense of fear for the slopes. But at the same time, a huge respect. I also get the feeling of calming and comfort in the snow. When you sit in the trees and look around, it's beautiful. Indescribable.

Thinking about it, I realized that the temple is just like the mountains.

People go because they enjoy it. They go to run away from life. They go for the feelings they get while there. When we go, we think of the Savior and realize His power, His creations, and His sacrifice. Wehn we go to the temple, we we just sit down and look around, we see how beautiful it is. How indescribable it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment