Monday, May 25, 2009

What does heaven see in YOU?

KELSIE

These last couple of weeks have been just crazy for me as I am sure they have been for you!! You know, though, Heavenly Father knows when you are having hard times and I could totally tell in my case.

I heard this song not too long ago that seriously helped me. I have heard it before, but it hadn't hit me as strongly as it did then. It's titled "What Heaven Sees in You" (by Doug and Sherry Marks Walker). I would like to share the first verse with you:

Sent to this earth, you were saved through the ages for this day and time, Child of great worth, child of promise daughter of the divine. Pure and holy in a little white dress, you were held in a circle and you were blessed. And the Father looked down and the angels surrounded that place. They knew the truth, all that you could do. And you will too if you have eyes to see what heaven sees in you.

Those words touched me deeply as I hope they do you. We are here at this time on earth for a reason. We have a duty to fulfill.

A scripture that really helps me understand what I can do to fulfill this duty is found in Mosiah 2:34. It says, "Ye are eternally indebted to your Heavenly Father, to render to him all that you have and are."

We must give our whole lives to him to be able to repay just part of what He has given us!! I hope that when you have hard times, you can read the words from the song, "What Heaven Sees In You" and realize that Heavenly Father knows what you can be. He can help you realize more of what you can do to better your life as well as others. Heavenly Father loves US!! Of this I am absolutely positive. If you doubt anything about the gospel, ASK! He will help you find the answer. I know this church is true and that we have been blessed greatly with this opportunity for us to participate in a temple celebration. WE MUST BE SPECIAL!!I love you all even if I don't know you individually because I know you are God's children.

Have a fun time at this celebration. Don't take it for granted.

2 comments:

  1. I love that song, I listen to it EVERYTIME I have a bad day, or anything unhappy is surrounding me. Its the best song I've ever heard in a really long time, it's so uplifting and I'm so thankful you shared that with us, as well as the scripture. I'm so excited for this Celebration and I cannot wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I like this song.

    ReplyDelete