Thursday, May 7, 2009

Go get just one!

NATHAN
Our rehearsals have been extremely fun and very uplifting and spiritual. The choir director in my stake told us last week that we had about 50% of our youth participating. We need those youth. We want all of those youth there, singing or dancing, so they can feel the spirit.
I had the opportunity to speak at three firesides and my stake conference in March. This was a very humbling and very uplifting opportunity for me. I was scared to death at my first fireside. I wasn't exactly sure what I said or how it impacted the youth there but I hope it helped those youth feel the need and desire to participate in this celebration.
In Psalms 149:1-5, it tells us of how we can rejoice in the name of the Lord by singing his praises and dancing. This is exactly what we're doing in this celebration and we need to participate and invite others to come.
In Deuteronomy 33:2, it tells of tens of thousands of Saints gathered with Moses, whom the Lord loved and praised.
All of you who have already joined, go out and invite all to come up to the mountain. If every single person reading this post brought just one friedn who hasn't been coming, the numbers in practices would increase by exponential numbers.

1 comment:

  1. You spoke at my stakes fireside! I felt the spirit so much as you spoke! You uplifted my desire to participate in the celebration! thenk you!

    ReplyDelete