Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hard runs. Good runs.

KELSIE

A few weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to run a half marathon with my Young Women's President. Let me say, it was an amazing experience.

To train for this race, I had to run a lot. It was difficult.

A few weeks before the race, she said something that struck me hard. She said, "I am so glad that we have hard runs so that we can better enjoy the good runs."

It reminded me of a scripture in 2 Nephi 2:13: "If ye say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness."

To me that says that we must have challenges and trials to be able to truly be grateful for the blessings and the good times we enjoy. And I testify we need to have trials to be grateful for the blessings. I also know that if we endure our trials well, we will be even more blessed.

The hard runs are worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the half marathon!
    I love that scripture!

    ReplyDelete