Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Keep Climbing!

KAMI

I have recently been thinking about what it means to "Come Up to the Mountain". The main question I have asked myself is how am I supposed to get myself up to the Mountain?
Think about climbing an actual mountain. To start climbing you have to have all the right tools, good hiking shoes, plenty of water and you have to be on the right path. Sure you don’t have to have any of these tools to climb the mountain, but somewhere during the climb you will suffer the consequences of not having them. Your feet will blister, which will slow the pace of the ascent. If you don’t provide yourself with consistent water stops you will eventually get dehydrated, and if you don’t stay on the trail leading to the top, the chances of you getting lost are greater.
Our daily lives can be compared to this.
Every day we need to begin our climb with the right tools.
Begin your day on the right path: Say your prayers, read your scriptures.
Put on a good pair of hiking boots: Surround yourself with the things that won’t delay your climb. Avoid the temptations the Adversary puts on the trail. They will only weaken you.
I think the most important thing to remember when you are making your climb is to rehydrate your testimony frequently. A testimony rarely comes through one grand experience. We aren’t all as lucky as Joseph Smith was. A testimony comes from a combination of the little experiences. If you want it to grow, you have to do the work. You have to put forth a sincere effort.
Take advantage of the water stops, they will help revive you. Take advantage of this upcoming water stop. The Temple Celebrations on the 29th and 30th are a great way to freshen up your testimony and help strengthen it.

In a few weeks this whole celebration will be over, and you will stop hearing "Come Up to the Mountain" as often. I ask all of you not to stop your climb though! Keep moving forward. If the climb is getting difficult, lean on the Savior. [You] can do all things through Christ which stengtheneth [you]. (Philippians 4:13).
The climb gets easier as we draw closer to Christ.
So keep climbing and COME UP TO THE MOUNTAIN!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kami, You have such great insight. thank you for shring your testimony, I feel re-hydrated already!

    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kami! What great insight! Thank you for sharing your testimony. I feel like I just got a refreshing glass of water.

    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great question. how am I supposed to get myself up to the Mountain? I have asked my self that question. And over these months i have came to an answer. My answer is to follow the commandments and to do what heavenly father and jesus would want me to do. Just like the song if the savior stood me side me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete