Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Overwhelmed?

TOMMY

Now a days, our lives can be so stressful. Especially new when many of you are busy getting ready for college, trying out for a dance or athletic team next year, finishing up the school year, and attending the Temple Celebration rehearsals.

I, like many of you, have been overwhelmed with so many stresses recently. I'm sure I'm no thte only one that has fallen to my knees pleading for help, strength, and comfort. I have felt like blanket after blanket of enormous tasks have been thrown upon me during this time.

But, after all of our tears fall, the Lord begins to send blessings to comfort us. My good friend Stephan shared a scripture with me recently. It says, "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

Guys, the Lord is helping us and carrying us through these hard things. President Monson shared stories of many people talking with the late President Hinckley about many problems they were feelings. They said that they were overwhelmed with the load they must carry. To many of these men, President Hinckley's reply was, "Things will work out."

AND THEY WILL!

Be strong.
Wait upont the Lord.
Go to the temple for escape.
Get lost in your scriptures.

"Things will work out."

7 comments:

  1. Wow.... at times I had felt like I was the only one who was overwhelmed but now I know I'm not alone, we are in this together, and we will be forever. This is saying that I learned awhile ago,
    "Nor wind, nor sleet,or snow, or hail,
    we will never lose our trail,
    Have faith and trust in your self, and make the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they have... just today I was able to really "get it" when my schedule seemed to rearrange itself so I could attend the practice at the conference center. I have NEVER felt the spirit as strong as it was in that room today. I’m glad I didn’t have to miss it over a soccer game or work.
    It's amazing what the lord can do if you let him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, There are some amazing things that can happen from him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself know that things will work out. This celebration has strengthened my testimony so much. I will never forget this, because as you know it is a once in a live time chance. Let the Spirit guide you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I am very overwhelmed with school, dance,temple celeration,and trying to scramble any possible time for me to relax, but this oppurtunity to perform in front of our living profet and share to the world that we are being blessed with a new temple... Its amazing!! Have you heard people say that a little stress can be good for you?! Think of it this way... if you are stressing out about being on time for temple celebration practices, and worrying about your dance of songs, thats kind of a good thing because it shows that you care about this! It shows that you don't want this performance to look horrible for the profet! I was stressing about the temple celebration practices earlier and i thought to myself 'hey! This is for Heavenly Father and Jesus! If I was performing a dance for them, I would want to be perfect!' So stressing a little is ok. It shows that you want to perform and do your best for everyone and to show that you want to "come up to the mountain"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know i am overwhelmed with alot of things. But this expierience is so great! It has really helped me through those hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In some ways this has caused it, but it more ways it's has helped it.

    ReplyDelete