Monday, April 20, 2009

What I'm getting for what I'm giving

KAMI

A month ago, for the "What Will I Give?" project, I decided to give MORE time to my scriptures.

More time meant not just reading my scriptures to say I read a chapter, but to get something out of it--something I personally needed to read or something that would help me get through the next day.

About a week after I decided what I was going to give, I received the new Personal Progress section for the value "virtue". Normally for each Value Project you get to select your project from a list of suggested projects or you can make one up yourself. But, the Value Project for VIRTUE doesn't give you this freedom.

It says: "The Savior chose to live a virtuous life. Follow his admonition to 'learn of me' (D&C 19:23) by reading the entire Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Liken the scriptures to your life and circumstances. As you read, record your thoughts regularly in your journal."

After reading that, I decided to get out a blank journal I had and use it solely for this project.

It is amazing to me how in three weeks my love for the scriptures has increased. I love my scripture time! By actually trying to liken the scriptures to my own life, I have found comfort, hope, and strenth to deal with the trials I am facing.

I challenge everyone to find something you can give to the Lord.

You only have SIX MORE WEEKS until the Celebration.
What will YOU give?


5 comments:

  1. Six Weeks! Wow, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so totally loving this blog! I read it every day after school!
    LA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this, I've been trying to do the same thing, and sometimes I'll just be too tired to even read a chapter, so I'll read half. I want to love my scripture time like you do, so you inspired me to do better! thanks! I'm so excited for this celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it every day before and after school, I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You so much for sharing your testimony of the scriptures! I have been trying to decide what to do for the "What will I Give" project now I think I know what I'll do!

    ReplyDelete