Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Get up & do something!

KELSIE

So, this coming Saturday, I'm running a half-marathon.

In preparing for this, I had to run a lot and it has been hard. I realized how much I needed Heavenly Father to help me with something like this or with grades or other things that really won't effect my spirituality. School for me is very stressful and by training for this half-marathon, I've realized how willing Heavenly Father is to help me with something this is important to me.

I know that Heavenly Father will always be there for us, but He wants us to do our best first. He wants us to give our all before He will jump in and rescue us. Like my friend Ben said in a talk he gave: "the Lord is never late; He helps us just when He needs to."

The Lord will come just when we feel like all is lost. He doesn't want us to suffer, but sometimes we have to learn to try our hardest before He will save us. We have to learn that we need Him, but we can't just sit on the couch and wait for Him to come; we have to get up and do something!

The world these days is full of temptations and before we walk out the door, we must arm ourselves with the armor of God. Let us be like His apostles. Let us reach our full potential. He will make up the part we can't; but we can't be idle.

Let's work to see miracles happen.

2 comments:

  1. A few days ago I felt a little like that and I didn't know what to do. I prayed. Life has been easier now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo, this is my first blog! I feel that way too...uplifted and more at peace. I deal with some pretty ugly stuff during the day. After having fun and learning at choir rehearsal I feel uplifted and full of joy. My Westbrook Choir saved me from sadness yesterday, THANK YOU!!!!!Ooooo, someone blog me back, this is fun.

    ReplyDelete