Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I am committing

KAELYN

I am so grateful for the temple in my life and the hope it provides me.

The temple is God's home on earth. He is there and you can feel it.

When the Draper Temple was having its open house, I was able to go with my ward. The feelings of peace and reverence kind of hits you like a wall when you walk through those doors. As I walked through the temple I was stunned at its beauty and the reverence of those attending. One feels the need to whisper as you walk through the halls. And I find it so much easier to hear the promptings of the spirit there, bearing witness that this is the place to be and whispering ways I can improve my life.

I don't know if you have ever felt this way, but I've realized especially lately how much I take all these temples near by for granted. So what will I give the Lord for this temple experience?

I am committing, from now until the temple celebration, to attend the temple once a week so that I can feel the spirit there more regularly and gain a stronger testimony of its importance to my salvation.

The time to prepare and learn these things is now.

If you have not yet committed to giving something to the Lord, I challenge you to do this with me. I promise if you enter the temple with an open heart, the Lord will bless you with His spirit and you will see His hand in your life.

Commit today to go a little higher.

3 comments:

  1. I just preformed a shake spere play for the parents and a first I was nervous but as my seen came closer I began to help others, and myself, by reminding them to get ready. I realize that it takes a lot of commitment to do a play in front of people but it's fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kaelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaelyn you are an amazing example!! Your comments and your committment to attend the temple weekly until the temple celebration are inspiring.
    Thanks for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete