Monday, April 27, 2009

Praise His name!

BRACKEN

Over spring break we went to St. George and on Sunday went to church. Little did we know that we would get the opportunity to hear a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Quentin L. Cook, speak and shake his hand! He is a great man and carries a tremendous spirit with him. It was an experience I will have forever.

When we came home I got to go to rehearsals for the temple celebration choir. These rehearsals are a great strength to me. I look forward to them and when I go, the spirit I feel is strong.

There is a scriptures in D&C 25:12. I know you already got the text message with this scripture but I want to emphasize on the ending of the scripture, "...yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing on their heads." What a great promise!

If we go and sing (or dance) at these rehearsals you wll be blessed in one way or another. I know it is really heard sometimes to go with all the things we youth could be doing, but I promise you that if you get involved and show that you care about these new temples, you will gain much more than just blessings but a stronger testimony of Christ.

The songs we sing and the dances we do bring His spirit in the room like a big tidal wave! Believe it or not, there is a scripture in Psalms 149:3 that talked about dancing to praise His name. It says: "Let them praise his name in the dance; let them sing praises unto him..."

This is just what these songs are made for--to dance and praise His name through it.

I have set my goal that I will give time to go to the temple at least once a week. This is a hard thing for me to do but I know that this is what I am supposed to give for the Celebration. I hope you will COME UP TO THE MOUNTAIN and findthe joy and blessings these temples bring!

2 comments: