Sunday, April 19, 2009

If you think you're too busy...

STEPHAN

As we go through our hectic and busy lives, it is hard to fit any more activities in our day. We may want to be with our friends or we have work or we just want to chill when we finally get a break.

Although all these things are important and good, there is something much greater that we all have the opportunity to participate in.

DID YOU KNOW that it was President Monson who asked us to put on this Celebration? Now, I don't always listen to my mom and dad when they ask me to do something...But, I would say that if the Prophet asks you to do something, then you do it because he is the Lord's mouthpiece.
Too many times I hear that "I'm too busy" or "I just don't want to." I can understand that it is hard to incorporate time into rehearsals and practices but in Doctrine & Covenants 64:33-34 it reads: "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing. For ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days."
I promise that, althought it may be small and you may think it is insignificant, if we willingly participate in the Celebration, the Lord will bless us in many ways.
It can and WILL change our lives.
So, just do it!

3 comments: