Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm giving time

CAMERON

I definitely do not go to the temple as often as I want to and that is what I will be doing to better my life for the "What Will I Give?" project. I think our time is one of the most precious gifts that we can give God.

When I go to the temple, I like to set aside a morning on a day off from school and get away from my busy life. I go inside and see all the smiling faces, and it immediately brings a happy feeling into my heart. I love going into the chapel that sets the mood and invites the Spirit as I begin the work of the Lord. I love waiting in the pews where I have the chance to sit and read the scriptures and receive personal revelation for my life. I love to sit and ponder while listening to the hymns being played in the background. I feel an overwhelming sense of peace.

When I come out of the temple, I feel like I have accomplished something--like I have blessed the lives of others as well as myself. It is a wonderful feeling to know that I have made a difference and helped move God's work forward.

As the time of the Celebration comes closer, I encourage each of you to visit the Temple of the Lord more frequently and participate in the Celebration to thank the Lord for the magnificent opportunity we have at this time.

Give your time and
COME UP TO THE MOUNTAIN OF THE LORD

1 comment:

  1. I went to the draper temple and it is sooo pretty. It was one of the first times I've been inside a temple that I can remember. I encourage every one to go.

    ReplyDelete